LAST UPDATED OCTOBER 6, 2020
Our Privacy Practices
This policy does not apply to information collected by Dig or its affiliates offline or through any other means, including through any other website or software application, whether or not operated by Dig, which does not state that this policy applies to it.
Information We Collect and How We Use It
In order to provide and enhance the Services and to make them available to you, we may collect the following types of information:
Information you provide - We collect personal information that users provide through optional, voluntary submissions, such as name, e-mail address, physical address, telephone number (including mobile number), and billing information, email, online registration forms, credit card numbers, addresses, or other information to support transactions carried out through the Service, search queries through that Service, and user contributions to be published or displayed on any public areas of that Service. The types and amount of personal information collected for these activities will vary depending on the activity. We use this information to provide our Services, including to process your orders and send you marketing communications, to tailor your user experience with us, and to prevent fraud and exercise other legal rights.
Automatic data collection technologies - The information that we automatically collect may include personal information, or we may maintain or associate automatically collected information with personal information collected in other ways or received from third parties. Such information is used to help us to improve the Services and to make them more personalized. We may automatically collect:
- details of your use of the Services in our physical stores. For example, we may collect credit card information, store locations, GPS location, products purchased, or other resources accessed from a particular physical location operated by Dig or its partners;
- details of your use of the Services, such as traffic data, location data (including GPS and IP based location identification), logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use through the Services;
- information about your device and internet connection, such as your IP address, operating system, and browser type.
We may also obtain information from or about you in other ways. For example, we may verify user information with a service provider or combine your information with additional information we collect from other third parties or sources, as authorized and permitted by law. Also, we collect the information you send to us such as correspondence, customer satisfaction surveys or customer service communications, testimonials or user content such as photos, blogs and writings.
How we use the information we collect. Our primary purpose in collecting personal information is to provide you with a safe, efficient and customized experience. We may use the information we collect to:
- provide, test, or enhance the functionality of the Services;
- develop and test new products, locations for physical stores or Services;
- resolve disputes and troubleshoot problems;
- prevent, detect and investigate potentially prohibited or illegal activities, and enforce our Terms or any user agreement
- customize, provide, measure and improve our Services and advertising;
- contact you tell you about our Services and those of our corporate family, service updates, targeted marketing and promotional offers based on your communication preferences;
- compare information for accuracy and verify it with third parties; and/or comply with applicable laws;
- registration and/or sharing through third-party services;
The Services are not intended for children under the age of 18. No one under that age may provide any information through the Services. Consistent with the federal Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act of 1998 (COPPA), we do not, and will never knowingly request personal information from anyone under the age of 18 without requiring parental consent. Any individual who provides their personal information through the Services represents that the individual is 18 years of age or older.
If you are under the age of 18, do not register for, use, or provide any information through the Services. If we learn that we have collected or received personal information from a child under the age of 18 without verification of parental consent, we will take steps to delete that information. If you believe that we might have any information from or about a child under the age of 18, please contact us at [email protected].
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose without restriction both information about individual users and information that does not identify any individual. We share information between our systems and that of third parties, such as with third-party vendors, partners, licensees or licensors, in order to test, develop, market or deploy new products and Services. Such third parties may use the information to develop and market new products for Dig. In many instances, we strive to remove personal information from the data that we collect and share with third parties. However, we do share personal information with some of our vendors, including personal information like names, user type, email address, location, transactions history, and other data. This personal information is shared to enhance or develop new products and Services for Dig. We may also disclose personal information to respond to legal requirements (for example, in response to requests by federal, state or local authorities, including tax authorities, subpoenas, court orders or other legal process) or in the good-faith belief that disclosure is legally permitted or required, to enforce our policies, to establish or exercise our legal rights or protect anyone's rights, property or safety.
- You have certain choices about how your personal information is collected, used and shared. Certain choices you make are both browser and device-specific.
- Accessing and changing personal information: In order to change your email address, privacy and communications preferences, you must contact us at the information provided below or utilize the account features of the Service.
- Email marketing communications: You can opt out of receiving our marketing communications by using the unsubscribe link within each email. Note that, as long as you maintain an account with us or receive Services, you will continue to receive administrative messages from us regarding your account and the Services.
- Text message communications: You are not required to consent to receive marketing SMS text messages from Dig Inn as a condition of any purchase. You may opt out of receiving SMS text messages from Dig Inn by replying STOP to any text message you receive from Dig Inn.
- Cookies: You can adjust your browser to control cookies to require your affirmative acceptance for new cookies, automatically reject cookies and/or delete or disable existing cookies. How you do this depends on the type of cookie and the browser that you are using. For more information on how to control browser cookies, click here. If information about your browser is not available through this page, please search your browser for instructions about how to opt-out of cookie collection. Note that deleting or blocking cookies may impact your experience on our website, as some features may not be available.
- Flash Cookies: You may need to take an additional action to manage flash cookies, which you can learn more about here. Why? Because flash cookies cannot be controlled through your browser settings.
- Google Analytics: We may use Google Analytics with the Services to help us understand how you use the Services. You can learn about how to opt-out of Google Analytics here.
- Email Tools: You can also change your email settings to block the automatic download of images in email messages, as such images may contain technologies that help us understand how you interact with the message.
- Online Behavioral Advertising: You can submit an opt-out request to the Digital Advertising Alliance’s (DAA) Self-Regulatory Program for Online Behavioral Advertising program (click here) and/or the National Advertising Initiative (NAI) (click here). These are tools that provide individuals with the ability to opt-out of having their online behavior recorded and used for advertising purposes by participating companies. Note that these tools may not opt you out of non-cookie online advertising.
Our Do Not Track Policy: Some browsers have “do not track” features that allow you to tell a website not to track you. These features are not all uniform. We do not currently respond to those signals.
International Visitors and Customers
The Services are hosted in the United States. If you are using the Services from the European Union or other regions or countries with laws governing data collection and use that may differ from United States law, then please note that you are transferring your personal data to the United States which does not have the same data protection laws as other countries, and that by providing your personal data you consent to:
- the use of your personal data for the uses identified above in accordance with this policy; and
- the transfer of your personal data to the United States.
The Services implement measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where you have received or chosen a password for access to any part of the Services, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. Please do not share your password with anyone.
No data transmissions over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. Consequently, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us, and you transmit information to us at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained in the Services. Once we receive your transmission, we make reasonable efforts to ensure security on our systems.
If we learn of a security systems breach, we may attempt to notify you electronically so that you can take appropriate protective steps. We may provide such notice by positing a statement through the Services or sending an email to you at the email address you have provided. We may also communicate with you electronically regarding other security, privacy and administrative issues relating to your use of the Services. Depending on where you live, you may have a legal right to receive notice of a security breach in writing. To receive free written notice of a security breach (or to withdraw your consent from receiving electronic notice), you should notify us at [email protected].
Should you have any questions or concerns regarding this policy, please contact us at: