Dig Standards for Health & Safety
WE HAVE HIGH STANDARDS
We've always had the highest standards for health and safety, but since the COVID-19 crisis, we've increased our rigor and introduced new ways to keep everyone safe. We've also published all our materials so that anyone who wants to can access our Essential Health & Safety Protocols and our COVID-19 Protocols.
DIG STANDARDS FOR HEALTH & SAFETY
We keep our restaurants clean and our guests healthy
- Every team member does a daily temperature check and completes a CDC-informed health questionnaire before entering our kitchens.
- Sanitization of all surfaces in our restaurants happens every two hours.
- We stock individually-wrapped, disposable plasticware.
- We are only accepting online orders for pickup and delivery.
- All our team members practice social distancing.
- Masks are mandatory in our kitchens.
- Gloves are changed with every meal made and with every new task.
- We seal all of our packages with tamper-proof stickers.
- We offer contact-free delivery.
- All of our delivery drivers and vendors are required to follow the same protocol as our restaurant employees including mandatory hand washing and sanitizing of their materials.
Calling out sick isn’t a burden on our chefs
- We’ve put into place additional essential worker pay for all our hourly field teams.
- Employees are encouraged to stay home if they’re feeling sick at all.
- We offer additional paid sick leave to anyone who needs it.
We have a containment policy and a COVID-19 protocol in place
- We’ve eliminated the movement of our chefs between restaurants and instituted contact-tracing for all staff.
- In case of an incident, we immediately close the restaurant and bring in a professional, third-party service to clean, sanitize and disinfect the entire restaurant.
- All impacted restaurant team members are placed on a paid quarantine.
- Back-up teams are brought in to re-open the restaurant, following our containment practices to prevent cross-contact between restaurants.
- We notify our third-party delivery partners to ensure that all delivery drivers that service the impacted restaurants have also been notified.
- We will notify guests who have placed an order for pickup in the impacted restaurants within a reasonable time period.
- Team members who have been quarantined are screened according to the CDC recommendations before they're allowed to return to work.
We support food insecure people in our communities
- We continue to donate our leftover meals to food rescue organizations across our cities.
- We launched Dig Feeds to feed people in need and have donated more than 100,000 meals since the beginning of this crisis.
We share all our resources
- From our sanitation log templates to our COVID-19 protocol, if you're a business or restaurant that could use them, they're all yours. Download our Essential Health & Safety Protocols and our COVID-19 protocols.
We won’t always be perfect and we’ll keep learning more about how to keep us all safe. If you have an idea you’d like to share with us, we’d love to hear it at email@example.com
Updated on July 1, 2020