TURMERIC PICKLED CAULIFLOWER
You’ve eaten it raw, ground, and roasted. Baked, glazed, and in salad. Save yourself some time and effort and pickle it! Pickles are always in season.
1 head cauliflower, cut into bite sized florets
4 cups water
2 tsp sea salt
Turmeric Pickling Liquid
2 cups white wine or apple cider vinegar
1 ⅓ cup water
⅔ cup sugar
½ tsp turmeric
1 tsp coriander seeds
⅛ tsp black peppercorns
1 pinch crushed red pepper
½ each dry bay leaf
For the Brined Cauliflower:
1. Combine water and sea salt. Stir until salt is completely dissolved.
2. Pour solution over cauliflower and submerge fully. Store refrigerated for at least 6 hours or overnight.
3. Once brined, drain cauliflower from liquid and lay on paper towels to dry. Do not rinse.
For the Turmeric Pickling Liquid:
1. Place brined cauliflower into a medium bowl.
2. Combine all pickling liquid ingredients in a medium sauce pot.
2. Bring to a boil, being sure to dissolve sugar completely.
3. As soon as it comes to a boil, remove from heat. Pour over brined cauliflower. Allow to steep in pickling solution for at least 4 hours at room temperature or refrigerated overnight.