Spring vegetables don’t need a lot of fuss, especially asparagus. Saute them with some roasted radishes and spring garlic for a simple taste of the season.
2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
½ lb red radishes, halved or quartered
½ lb asparagus, cut into 1 inch batons
1 stalk spring garlic, sliced thinly
1 tsp sea salt
4 tbsp butter
1 tsp fresh thyme leaves
1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
½ each lemon, juiced
1. Warm olive oil in a large saute pan over medium high heat.
2. Carefully add radishes. If they are wet, they may splatter.
3. Season with a pinch of sea salt. Roast radishes until they start to brown and blister, about 2 minutes.
4. Add asparagus batons and sliced spring garlic. Season with salt, and saute for 1 minute.
5. Make a space in the center of the pan, and add butter. Cook until butter browns and is foamy.
6. Add thyme leaves to browned butter. They will pop and crackle.
7. Stir all ingredients back into the butter. Finish with apple cider vinegar and lemon juice. Serve immediately.