SPINACH AND KALE DIP
With such an abundance of greens in this recipe, you could almost call it a warm and cheesy salad. Almost :).
1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
½ each yellow onion, small dice
2 cups spinach, chopped
2 cups kale, de-stemmed and chopped
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 cup cream cheese, room temperature
1 cup sour cream
1 cup shredded mozzarella or fontina cheese
¼ cup canned pimentos, chopped (optional)
1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
3 cracks freshly ground black pepper
1 each lemon, zested
1 tsp sea salt
1. Preheat the broiler on high.
2. Warm a cast iron or oven safe pan over medium heat. Add olive oil.
3. Saute onion dice until translucent, about 5 minutes.
4. Add minced garlic and cook for 2 more minutes.
4. Add chopped spinach and kale. Season with salt, and cook until both greens are wilted, approximately 5 minutes.
5. Once the greens are cooked down, reduce heat to low.
6. Add cream cheese and sour cream. Mix well to combine.
7. Stir in half the shredded cheese, pimentos, Worcestershire, freshly ground black pepper, and lemon zest.
8. Top with the other half of the cheese and broil on high for 4-5 minutes or until light brown and bubbly