SPICY COCONUT KALE
1 ½ tbsp coconut oil
1 inch ginger peeled and grated (about ¼ tsp)
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 each shallot, diced small
½ each serrano or any other spicy chili
1 bunch green kale, de-stemmed and chopped
1 cup chicken or vegetable broth
½ cup coconut milk
1 tsp coconut aminos
1 pinch sea salt
½ each lime, juiced
1. In a large saute pan, warm coconut oil over medium heat.
2. Add grated ginger, cook until tender, about 3 minutes.
3. Add minced garlic and diced shallot. Cook until shallot is translucent, about 2 minutes.
4. Add serrano chili and cook for another minute.
5. Add kale. Stir to incorporate, then add broth and cover the pan to steam and wilt kale, 2 minutes.
6. Remove lid and continue cooking kale until the broth has almost evaporated.
7. Add coconut milk. Simmer for 1 minute. Season with coconut aminos, sea salt, and fresh lime juice. Serve with cilantro leaves, chopped scallion, and lime wedges.