SOFT SCRAMBLED EGGS WITH GARLIC SCAPES AND PARMESAN
Velvety, lucious, and delicate, soft scrambled eggs are always a special experience, both to prepare and to eat. Make it a party with the addition of garlic scapes and parmesan cheese.
Soft Scrambled Eggs
2 each eggs
½ tbsp creme fraiche or heavy cream
1 pinch salt
8 cracks freshly ground black pepper
1 tbsp grated parmesan cheese
½ tbsp butter
1 each garlic scape, sliced thinly
1 pinch dried chili flake
1 pinch sea salt
½ each lemon zest
½ tbsp grated parmesan cheese
1. Fill a small sauce pot with enough water so that it is about 1 inch deep. Warm over medium heat.
2. In a metal mixing bowl, whisk eggs, cream fraiche or heavy cream, sea salt, and black pepper together until fully incorporated.
3. Place the mixing bowl over the sauce pot. Allow to steam to build inside the pot and turn the heat down to medium low.
4. Whisk the eggs slowly and continuously, being sure to scrape down the sides. The egg mix will start to thicken, become a solid and brighter yellow. When it begins to cook on the base of the bowl, be sure to scrape it and continue whisking.
5. After 2-4 minutes, the eggs should resemble a textured custard. Remove from heat, and whisk in grated parmesan cheese. Transfer to a bowl or plate.
6. Warm a small saute pan over medium heat. Melt the butter until it is foamy and starts to brown.
7. Add garlic scapes. Briefly saute, about 15-20 seconds. Remove from heat, season with dried chili flake and sea salt.
8. Spoon the sauteed garlic scapes on top of the soft scrambled eggs. Finish with grated parmesan cheese and lemon zest.