SMOKED CHEDDAR GARLIC SCAPE DROP BISCUITS
Smokey, fluffy, and delightfully crisp on the outside, these biscuits are perfect for any meal, anytime. Make them into sandwiches, and you may never go back to sliced bread.
8 tbsp butter, grated and frozen, plus 3 tbsp more for brushing
2 cups all purpose flour, plus more for dusting
2 tsp sugar
½ tsp baking soda
2 tsp baking powder
¾ tsp sea salt
¼ cup garlic scapes, thinly sliced
1 ¼ cup finely shredded cheddar cheese
1 cup buttermilk, chilled
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
2. Melt 3 tablespoons butter, set aside. Line a baking sheet with parchment.
3. In a large mixing bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking soda, baking powder, and sea salt. Whisk to combine.
4. Add shredded cheese and sliced garlic scapes. Gently toss until coated in the flour mixture.
5. Add frozen grated butter, and toss in flour mixture as well, being sure to gently separate any clumps.
6. Add buttermilk, and incorporate just until a dough forms.
7. Portion the dough and lightly roll into 8 balls. Arrange on the prepared baking sheet and brush melted butter over each one.
8. Bake for 10-12 minutes.