SHEET TRAY CARROTS
2 small bunches of carrots, cut in half lengthwise (quartered if large)
1 ½ tbsp coriander, whole seeds
¼ tsp chili
1 ¼ tsp salt
⅓ cup grapeseed oil
1 small bunch marjoram, picked
Peel from 1 lemon, pith removed, lightly chopped
2 ½ tbsp garlic, thinly sliced
2 tbsp parsley leaves
A pinch of salt
Roast the carrots with spice blend.
- Preheat the oven to 425°.
- Pulse the coriander in a spice grinder or coffee grinder for 10 seconds or until the seeds are broken up.
- In a large mixing bowl combine the crushed coriander, salt, and chili. Toss in the cut carrots and lightly coat with 2 tbsp of grapeseed oil.
- Layer the carrots on a sheet tray.
- Roast, tossing occasionally, for 35-45 minutes or until tender.
While the carrots are roasting prepare the frizzled herbs.
- In a small saucepan, place the grapeseed oil, marjoram sprigs, lemon peel, and garlic and turn heat to medium high.
- Fry the ingredients for about 5 minutes, mixing occasionally to prevent from sticking.
- Once the ingredients begin to crisp up and turn a light golden brown, throw in the remaining parsley and let them crisp for 15 more seconds.
- Remove from the oil with a spider and drain on a sheet tray lined with paper towels. Immediately season with salt.
- Remove the marjoram stems, which will have fried free of their leaves.
- Allow the remaining oil in the saucepan to cool. Set aside.
- When the carrots are fully cooked and charred around the edges, remove from oven and toss with the frizzled herbs and a touch more of the reserved oil. Taste, and adjust for seasonings.