ROASTED RAINBOW CARROTS WITH ARUGULA PESTO
Rainbow carrots are as naturally sweet as they are naturally beautiful. With a simple, yet delicious dressing of arugula pesto, you can feast your eyes as well as your palate.
2 ½ cups arugula, packed
1 cup cilantro leaves
½ cup pumpkin seeds
½ garlic clove
1 tsp cumin, ground
1 pinch dried chili flake
1 lime, juiced and zested
¾ cup extra virgin olive oil
¼ tsp sea salt
3-4 rainbow carrots, scrubbed clean
1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
½ tsp sea salt
6 cracks of freshly ground black pepper
For the Arugula Pesto:
1. In a food processor, combine all ingredients except oil. Blend until coarsely chopped.
2. With the motor running, stream in the olive oil until emulsified.
3. Adjust to taste with salt and/or additional lime juice.
4. If not using immediately, store in an airtight container refrigerated for up to 3 days.
For the Roasted Carrots:
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
2. Toss carrots in olive oil and season with salt and black pepper. Lay out on a baking sheet lined with foil.
3. Roast for 30-35 minutes or until tender, depending on the size of the carrots.
4. Once tender, allow to cool to room temperature.
5. Serve tossed in arugula pesto or with pesto drizzled overtop.