ROASTED ONION VINAIGRETTE
A savory dressing for your favorite greens or a light sauce for roasted vegetables and grilled meat or fish, this always-in-season vinaigrette has a place on every table.
2 each small yellow onions, split lengthwise with peel on
½ tbsp grapeseed or vegetable oil
1 pinch sea salt
Roasted Onion Vinaigrette
¾ cup roasted onion
1 tsp Dijon mustard
¼ cup sherry vinegar
2 cup grapeseed or vegetable oil
½ cup extra virgin olive oil
¼ tsp sea salt
8 cracks freshly ground black pepper
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line a baking sheet with foil.
2. Toss onions in oil and sea salt. Place on baking sheet, cut side down.
3. Roast until tender and caramelized, approximately 25-30 minutes. Set aside to cool. Discard onion peels.
Roasted Onion Vinaigrette:
1. In the blender, combine roasted onion, dijon mustard, and sherry vinegar. Blend until smooth.
2. With the motor running, stream in the oils. If necessary, adjust consistency with a small amount of water. Season with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper.