ROASTED CAULIFLOWER WITH BROWN BUTTER AND LIME
Who doesn’t love a steak dinner? Cauliflower steak, that is! Whether you fancy petite steaks or center cut, you will find yourself at the end of the meal saying “well done!”
1 each cauliflower head
2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
2 tsp sea salt
8 cracks freshly ground black pepper
2 tbsp unsalted butter
½ tsp crushed red pepper flakes
¼ cup cilantro, chopped
½ each lime, juiced
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil, and drizzle with 1 tablespoon of olive oil.
2. Trim all leaves from the head of cauliflower. Cut lengthwise into slices ½ to 1 inch thick. Reserve all trim and excess pieces for cauliflower couscous.
3. Arrange cauliflower steaks on the lined baking sheet in a single layer. Drizzle 1 tablespoon of olive oil over top, and season both sides with 1 teaspoon sea salt and freshly ground black pepper.
4. Roast until underside starts to brown, 15-20 minutes.
5. Flip each cauliflower steak over and continue to roast until the other side is brown, about 10-15 more minutes.
6. While the cauliflower is roasting, warm butter in a small saucepot over medium heat. Cook until butter melts completely and starts to turn brown.
7. Remove from heat, and allow to cool for 1 minute. Add red pepper flakes, chopped cilantro, and fresh lime juice. Season with 1 teaspoon salt or to taste. Reserve.
8. Once the cauliflower steaks are browned on both sides, transfer to a serving platter. Spoon brown butter sauce over the top and serve garnished with whole cilantro leaves.