ROASTED CAULIFLOWER, GRAPES, AND SMOKED ALMONDS
1 head cauliflower
1 tbsp vegetable oil
1 pinch sea salt
4 cracks freshly ground black pepper
3 tbsp butter
Green Grape Vinaigrette
1 cup green grapes
⅓ cup rice wine or white balsamic vinegar
½ tsp dijon mustard
2 tbsp scallion, sliced
½ cup extra virgin olive oil
¼ tsp dried oregano
1 pinch sea salt
2-3 pieces roasted cauliflower
¼ cup green grapes, quartered
2 tbsp smoked almonds, roughly chopped
¼ cup parsley leaves
1 pinch Maldon sea salt
2 cracks freshly ground black pepper
2 tbsp green grape vinaigrette
½ each lemon zest
For Roasted Cauliflower:
1. Trim leaves and excess stem from cauliflower. Cut into 8-12 wedges, depending on the size.
2. In a medium mixing bowl, gently toss the cauliflower wedges in olive oil until coated. Season with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper.
3. Warm a large saute pan over medium high heat. Roast the cauliflower wedges until browned on both sides, approximately 2 minutes per side.
4. Add butter. Once foamy, roast each side for 1 more minute. Transfer to a rack or baking sheet lined with paper towels. Set aside.
For Green Grape Vinaigrette:
1. Combine grapes, vinegar, mustard, and scallion in the blender. Process until smooth.
2. With the motor running, stream in olive oil.
3. Season with dried oregano and sea salt.
1. Arrange roasted cauliflower wedges on a plate. Drizzle 1 tablespoon of green grape vinaigrette over the top.
2. In a small mixing bowl, combine quartered grapes, chopped smoked almonds, parsley leaves, Maldon sea salt, and freshly ground black pepper. Gently toss with 1 tablespoon of green grape vinaigrette.
3. Arrange grape salad over roasted cauliflower. Finish with lemon zest.