ROASTED BROCCOLI SALAD WITH SESAME LIME DRESSING
Roasted vegetables do not always have to be eaten hot. In fact, their tenderness and deep flavor are great in salad form as well. So always save your left overs!
Sesame Lime Dressing
½ each shallot, diced small
1 each lime, juiced
¼ cup sesame oil
¼ cup vegetable oil
2 tbsp soy sauce or coconut aminos
1 tbsp honey
2 pinches sea salt
6 cracks freshly ground black pepper
1 head broccoli, cut into bite sized florets
1 tbsp vegetable oil
1 pinch sea salt
3 cracks freshly ground black pepper
Roasted Broccoli Salad
1 cup roasted broccoli
1 tbsp sesame lime dressing
½ each avocado
¼ cup shredded carrots
¼ cup sliced radish
¼ cup cilantro leaves
1 pinch sea salt
For Sesame Lime Dressing:
1. In a small bowl, combine diced shallot and lime juice. Season with a pinch of sea salt and a few cracks of freshly ground black pepper. Let sit for 10 minutes.
2. Add sesame oil, vegetable oil, soy sauce, and honey to shallot mixture. Whisk to combine. Season to taste with another pinch of salt and a few more cracks of black pepper.
For Roasted Broccoli:
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Line a baking sheet with foil or parchment paper.
2. In a medium mixing bowl, toss broccoli in vegetable oil to coat. Season with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper.
3. Transfer florets to lined baking sheet. Roast for 10-12 minutes or until the edges of the florets start to brown and get crispy.
For Roasted Broccoli Salad:
1. In a small mixing bowl, toss roasted broccoli in ½ tbsp of sesame lime dressing. Reserve.
2. Scoop avocado from its skin. Mash until smooth. Season with a pinch of sea salt.
3. Spread mashed avocado on the base of a plate or bowl in an even layer.
4. Arrange dressed broccoli florets on top of the mashed avocado.
5. Add shredded carrot, radish slices, and cilantro leaves on top. Drizzle ½ tbsp sesame lime dressing over the entire salad.