RED BEET CHIPS
Ever felt intimidated by beets? Consider yourself “beet curious?” Here is an easy first step in getting to know them- slice, season, and bake into delicious (and beautiful) chips.
2 each medium red beets, scrubbed and peeled
2 pinches sea salt
1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
2 tbsp rosemary, finely chopped
to taste freshly ground black pepper
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Using a mandolin, very carefully slice the beets into 1/16 inch slices.
3. Arrange the slices in single layers between paper towels, and lightly season each layer of slices with a pinch of salt. Let slices sit for 10 minutes to release excess moisture.
4. In a medium mixing bowl, combine beet slices with olive oil and chopped rosemary. Season with another pinch of salt and freshly ground black pepper, and toss to coat completely.
5. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper. Arrange the slices on the baking sheets in a single layer.
6. Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until the slices start to get crispy and the edges just begin to brown.
7. Remove from oven and transfer to a rack to cool completely. They will crisp further as they cool.