KALE AND RADISH SALAD WITH GREEN GODDESS DRESSING
Longer days call for lighter fare, and this kale salad is the perfect dinner on a summer night. Pair it with grilled chicken, fish, or just enjoy its fresh simplicity.
Green Goddess Dressing
1 each avocado, scooped
2 tbsp red wine vinegar
1 each garlic clove
2 cups buttermilk / yogurt / vegan mayonnaise
1 cup parsley, with stems
1 cup cilantro, with stems
1 ½ cup dill, with stems
to taste sea salt
Kale and Radish Salad
1 bunch kale
1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
½ cup green goddess dressing
½ each lemon, juiced
1 cup radish, sliced
½ tbsp sunflower seeds, toasted
2 pinches sea salt
For the Green Goddess Dressing:
1. Wash all herbs thoroughly. Pat dry between paper towels.
2. Combine all ingredients in the blender except sea salt.
3. Blend until smooth. 4. Transfer to a small bowl. Season with sea salt and additional vinegar, if desired. Use immediately or store refrigerated in a container with a tight fitting lid for up to 3 days.
For the Kale and Radish Salad:
1. Wash kale thoroughly and destem. Drain off any excess water and chop into small pieces.
2. In a medium mixing bowl, combine kale with olive oil and a pinch of sea salt. Massage the kale to tenderize it slightly.
3. Add green goddess dressing and fresh lemon juice, and toss to coat kale. Season with a pinch of sea salt.
4. Top salad with sliced radish and toasted sunflower seeds.