HONEY BAKED CAULIFLOWER
A showstopper on any table, this cauliflower is roasted whole and glazed. Serve it with your favorite mustard and pickles as a perfect Sunday brunch centerpiece. (If you really want to go full ham, decorate the cauliflower with pineapple rings and maraschino cherries as well)
For the glaze
½ cup pineapple juice
½ cup brown sugar
2 tbsp dijon mustard
1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
¼ tsp ground ginger
2 tsp cornstarch or tapioca starch
¼ tsp ground clove
½ tsp ground cinnamon
1 pinch sea salt
For the cauliflower
1 ea whole cauliflower
1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
2 tsp sea salt
6 cracks freshly ground black pepper
1 tbsp ground coriander
1 ea lime zest and juice
1. Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
2. Whisk all the ingredients for the glaze together in a small sauce pot and bring to a boil. Turn the heat down to medium low and simmer for 2-3 minutes. Set aside.
3. Trim the outer leaves of the cauliflower and square off the stem so it sits upright.
4. Rub the cauliflower all over with olive oil. Once evenly coated, season with salt, spices, and lime zest and juice.
5. Place the cauliflower on a baking sheet lined with foil and roast until it starts to turn golden brown, about 30-35 minutes.
6. Generously brush glaze all over the cauliflower and continue roasting for another 10-15 minutes or until it is tender all the way through.
7. Allow to cool for 5-10 minutes. Slice into wedges to serve.