GREEN GARLIC BUTTER
If you’ve ever had green garlic, you know that when it’s around, you want it on everything. Make the moment last with this compound butter, since butter can go on everything as well.
½ lb unsalted butter, softened
1 each shallot, small dice
½ cup white cooking wine
1 stalk green garlic, sliced thinly
1 each garlic clove, minced
2 tsp salt
to taste freshly ground black pepper
2 tbsp chives, minced
1 each lemon, zested
1. Warm a medium saute pan over medium heat. In 2 tablespoons of butter, sweat the diced shallot until almost tender, 5 minutes.
2. Add white wine, turn the heat up to high, and reduce the wine until it is almost completely evaporated.
3. Add green garlic and garlic clove, saute 3 more minutes. Season with salt and black pepper.
4. Remove from heat. Transfer to a medium sized bowl and allow to cool to room temperature.
5. Once the cooked shallot and garlic are cooled, add chives and lemon zest. Add softened butter, and stir with a rubber spatula until fully incorporated. Enjoy immediately or refrigerate for up to 2 weeks.