GREEN BEAN & POTATO SALAD WITH DIJONNAISE
Longer days, nicer weather, and a bowl of this salad will give you all the summer feels. Pair it with a crisp IPA or your favorite bubbly beverage.
1 lb fingerling yellow fingerlings
½ lb green beans, trimmed, halved
½ cup mayonnaise
¼ cup whole grain mustard
2 tbsp Dijon mustard
2 tbsp red wine vinegar
1 tbsp capers, chopped
1 tbsp onion, minced
¼ cup parsley, chopped
1. Add potatoes to a pot and cover with cold water. Add a generous pinch of sea salt.
2. Bring to a boil, and then reduce to a simmer. Cook the potatoes until they can be easily pierced with a fork.
3. Once tender, strain potatoes and cool.
4. When cool, cut potatoes in large coins, about ½ inch thick. Reserve.
5. Meanwhile, bring a small pot of water to a boil. Add a generous pinch of sea salt.
6. Prepare a bowl of ice water.
7. Cook green beans in salted boiling water for about 30 seconds.
8. Remove beans with a slotted spoon and transfer to the ice water to cool immediately.
9. After about 3 minutes, strain from ice water and lay out on paper towels to absorb any excess water. Reserve.
10. In a large mixing bowl, add mayonnaise, whole grain mustard, Dijon mustard, red wine vinegar, capers, and onion. Mix well.
11. Add potato coins and green beans. Gently mix until all ingredients are coated in the dressing.
12. Finish with chopped parsley on top.