GARLIC SCAPE CHIMICHURRI
Less pungent than garlic cloves and slightly sweet, garlic scapes are the perfect backbone to any herb sauce or marinade and can be substituted for regular garlic in any recipe.
¼ tsp dried chili (arbol, guajillo, chipotle, or pasilla)
1 cup cilantro
½ cup parsley
2 each garlic scape (or about 1/2 cup), sliced thinly
½ tsp cumin, ground
½ tsp coriander, ground
½ each lime zest and juice
⅓ cup vegetable oil
½ tsp sea salt
1. In a small, dry pan over medium low heat, toast the dried chili, about 2 minutes.
2. Transfer to a cutting board, and once cool enough to handle, chop into small pieces.
3. In a food processor, combine chopped dried chili with all ingredients except oil and sea salt.
4. Process until ingredients are fully incorporated, then stream in vegetable oil.
5. Continue to process until smooth. Season with sea salt.