FRITTATA WITH POTATOES AND PEPPERS
Purple potatoes and (sometimes spicy) shishitos strut their colorful stuff in this frittata, but don’t feel limited to just these vegetables; change it seasonally, add cheese or your favorite herbs, even leftovers can have a second chance.
8 ea eggs
⅓ cup whole milk (optional)
3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
3 ea purple potatoes, cut into ¼ inch half moons
½ ea yellow onion, diced
4 ea shishito peppers, cut into ¼ inch pieces
3 tsp sea salt
8 cracks freshly ground black pepper
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Whisk eggs and whole milk together. Reserve.
2. In a medium non-stick pan, warm olive oil over medium-high heat.
3. Add potatoes, cook for 5-6 minutes, or until they start to get tender.
4. Add onions, cook until translucent, about 3-4 minutes.
5. Add shisitos, and saute all vegetables together for another 3-4 minutes. Season with 2 tsp salt.
6. Season egg mixture with the rest of the salt and freshly ground black pepper. Pour it into the pan with the vegetables.
7. Using a rubber spatula, gently stir the eggs and vegetables together. Run the spatula along the sides of the pan, making sure the eggs are not sticking and have a clean edge.
8. After 1 minute, transfer the pan to the oven. Bake for 5-7 minutes or until the eggs are set and the surface is firm to the touch.
9. Allow to cool for 3-4 minutes before slicing. Top with fresh herbs or freshly grated cheese.