CORIANDER COCONUT CARROTS
Give your herb roasted carrots a makeover with fresh ginger, coriander, coconut, and lime.
3 tbsp coconut oil
1 lb carrots, peeled and cut into bite-sized pieces
¼ tsp ground coriander
½ tsp grated ginger
1 tbsp chopped shallot
½ each lime, zest
½ tsp salt
1. In a medium saute pan, warm coconut oil over medium high heat.
2. Add carrots. Toss in coconut oil to coat. Pan roast for 2 minutes.
3. Add ground coriander. Season with sea salt. Toss again to coat. Continue to pan roast until carrots start to soften, approximately 3 more minutes, stirring occasionally.
4. Turn the heat down to medium. Add grated ginger and chopped shallot. Cook until aromatics are tender and start to caramelize.
5. Once carrots are completely tender, remove from heat. Finish with lime zest and cilantro leaves.