CHARRED CORN AND SCALLION SALAD
If you have enough willpower not to eat the grilled corn before it goes into the salad, we promise it is worth the wait.
Charred Corn and Scallion
2 ears corn, shucked
3 each scallion
1tbsp vegetable oil
2 tsp sea salt
Charred Scallion Dressing
1 each lime, zest and juice
½ tbsp rice wine or white wine vinegar
1 tsp smoked paprika
½ tsp cumin, ground
1 tsp coriander, ground
¼ cup charred scallion, chopped
3 tbsp vegetable or neutral oil
1 pinch sea salt
1 ½ - 2 cups charred corn kernels
½ cup roasted red pepper, diced small
1 each persian cucumber, thinly sliced into half moons
1 - 2 tbsp jalapeno, deseeded and sliced thinly (optional)
⅓ cup charred scallion dressing
¼ cup cilantro, chopped
to taste cotija cheese
For the Charred Corn and Scallion:
1. Preheat the grill on high heat.
2. Dress the ears of corn and scallions with oil. Season with sea salt.
3. Place corn on the hottest part of the grill. Cook for 1 minute, then rotate the ear slightly. Repeat until the corn is grilled on all sides. Grill scallions on both sides until charred.
4. Allow ears to cool enough to handle. From the top of the ear to the bottom, cut kernels from cob. Reserve.
5. Chop grilled scallion finely. Reserve.
For the Charred Scallion Dressing:
1. In a medium mixing bowl, combine lime juice, zest, vinegar, spices, and chopped scallion. Mix until fully incorporated.
2. Whisk in oil. Season with sea salt.
1. In a medium mixing bowl, combine charred corn kernels, diced pepper, cucumber, and jalapeno.
2. Add charred scallion dressing, and mix well.
3. Season to taste. Finish with chopped cilantro. Top with crumbled cotija cheese.