CHARRED BRUSSELS WITH HONEY-CHILI OIL
4 cups shaved Brussels sprouts
2 tbsp canola oil
salt, to taste
2 tbsp Honey-Chili Oil
1/4 cup picked herbs (mint, basil, cilantro)
juice of 1/2 a lime
1/4 cup honey
1/4 cup canola oil
1/4 cup rice wine vinegar
2 cloves garlic, minced
a thumb of ginger, minced
1 tsp red pepper flakes
1 tsp salt
1. Make the Honey-Chili Oil—combine all ingredients in a small pot and bring to the boil. Stir until emulsified. Set aside.
2. Place shaved Brussels and 2 tbsp canola oil in a large bowl and mix until well combined.
3. Roast in a very hot oven (475ºF) for 10-12 minutes, until Brussels are deeply charred.
4. Transfer to a large bowl and season immediately with salt to taste.
5. Add 2 tbsp Honey-Chili Oil, lime juice and fresh herbs. Gently toss to combine.
6. Serve immediately.