CELERY SALAD WITH WALNUTS AND PARMESAN
When it’s too hot to cook, plunge into this crisp and refreshing celery salad.
¼ cup walnut pieces
3 stalks celery, about 2 cups sliced
½ tbsp extra virgin olive oil
½ each lemon, zested and juiced
2 cups arugula
8 cracks freshly ground black pepper
2 pinches sea salt
¼ cup parmesan cheese, shaved
1. Preheat oven to 325ºF
2. Lay out walnut pieces on a baking sheet. Toast in the oven for 5 minutes or until golden brown and fragrant. Set aside to cool.
3. Thoroughly wash celery stalks. Slice on a thin bias.
4. Place celery into a medium mixing bowl. Crush the toasted walnut pieces into smaller pieces by hand and add to celery. Season with extra virgin olive oil, lemon zest, lemon juice, sea salt, and freshly ground black pepper
5. Add arugula. Toss very gently, just to fully incorporate.
6. Transfer to a serving plate or bowl. Finish with shaved parmesan cheese.