CARROT & RADISH SALAD
A bright and crunchy stepping stone to spring, with a tip of the hat to winter’s sweetest gift: citrus. When you are all set with oven-roasted vegetables... all carrot and radish varieties are welcome.
1 orange, juiced
½ lime, juiced
1 tbsp white wine vinegar
2 tbsp honey
¼ cup olive oil
5 carrots, peeled and shaved lengthwise
1 watermelon radish, cut into half moons
¼ cup mint leaves, torn
½ avocado, diced
2 pinches sea salt
1. In a mixing bowl, combine orange and lime juices, vinegar, and honey.
2. Whisk in olive oil until emulsified. Set aside.
3. Wash and peel carrots. Using a peeler, cut carrot lengthwise from top to tip, creating ribbons.
4. Cut watermelon radish into half moons, 1/8 inch thick.
5. Combine carrot ribbons and radish half moons in a bowl with torn mint leaves.
6. Season with salt, and dress with orange vinaigrette.
7. Gently fold in diced avocado.