BROCCOLI GRILLED CHEESE WITH 232 BLEECKER SPRING GIARDINIERA RAMPS
There are few things more comforting and familiar for all ages than a grilled cheese sandwich. Jazz this one up with roasted broccoli and Spring Giardiniera Ramps from our friends at 232 Bleecker Street.
1 head broccoli, cut into bite sized pieces
2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1 tsp sea salt
6 cracks freshly ground black pepper
2 pieces sliced bread
1 tbsp mayonnaise
1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
1 cup shredded cheese (cheddar, mozzarella, monterey jack- your choice!)
1 handful roasted broccoli
to taste 232 Bleecker Spring Giardiniera Ramps, chopped
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
2. Toss broccoli pieces in oil and season with salt and black pepper.
3. Transfer the broccoli to the lined baking sheet, and roast for 8-10 minutes or until slightly browned and tender. Reserve.
1. Spread mayonnaise on one side of each of the slices of bread. This will be the outside of the sandwich.
2. Warm a medium sized saute pan over medium heat. Add olive oil and place one of the slices of bread in the pan, mayonnaise side down.
3. While the bread is toasting, cover the top side with grated cheese.
4. Once the cheese begins to melt, add roasted broccoli. Sprinkle chopped giardiniera over broccoli. Top with the other piece of bread, mayonnaise side facing out, and gently press down.
5. Carefully flip the sandwich over. Continue to toast, pressing occasionally, until the cheese is fully melted and the bread is golden and crunchy. Serve immediately.