BROCCOLI & CAULIFLOWER COUSCOUS
A colorful, healthy, and fresh alternative to grain based couscous, this is a great way to use both the florets and stems of broccoli and cauliflower. Enjoy it as an accompaniment to a meal or top it off with a fried egg.
1 head of broccoli
1 head of cauliflower
3 tbsp olive oil
2 cloves of garlic, minced
1 tbsp sea salt
6 cracks freshly ground black pepper
¼ cup chopped herbs
(any combination of parsley, chives, basil, and mint)
½ lemon, juiced
1. Separate the stems and the florets for both the broccoli and cauliflower and cut into small pieces.
2. In batches in the food processor, chop the broccoli and cauliflower stems and then the florets until the pieces resemble grains of couscous.
3. In a large saute pan, heat olive oil over a medium flame.
4. Saute minced garlic for 1 minute.
5. Add 3 cups of the broccoli and cauliflower couscous. Season with salt and black pepper.
6. Saute until the broccoli and cauliflower are just tender. Finish with chopped herbs and fresh lemon juice.