BOK CHOY WITH SPICY MISO SAUCE
Some combinations of flavors are guaranteed to be delicious. Roasted bok choy + spicy miso sauce for the win.
Spicy Miso Sauce
2 tbsp white miso
2 tbsp gochujang or other chile paste
1 tbsp hoisin sauce
1 tbsp soy sauce
1 tbsp sesame oil
1 tbsp sesame seeds, toasted
2 tbsp vegetable oil
1 bunch bok choy, quartered
¼ cup water
¼ cup peanuts, toasted and roughly chopped
¼ cup cilantro leaves
1 pinch sea salt
1. In a small bowl, whisk together the miso, gochujang, hoisin, soy sauce, sesame oil and sesame seeds. Set aside.
2. Heat vegetable oil in a sauté pan over high heat.
3. Place bok choy cut side down and sear for 3-4 minutes on each side until it is slightly charred. Season with salt.
4. Reduce the heat to medium, add water, and cover to lightly steam the rest of the way.
5. Once tender, remove the bok choy from the pan, leaving behind any excess liquid.
6. Place on a serving platter. Drizzle spicy miso sauce overtop and finish with chopped peanuts and cilantro leaves. Serve with fresh lime wedges.